Young Children's School
- To focus on the development of the whole child including the cognitive, physical, social, and spiritual growth
- Encourage love and forgiveness in a nurturing Christian environment
- Foster the values of caring, sharing, cooperation, and respect for the uniqueness of every person
- Encourage freedom and independence within established limits
- Promote curiosity about the world and interest in learning, exploring, and critical thinking
- Develop a feeling self-worth and self-confidence
- Encourage multi-sensory learning through art, music, literature, drama, science, and physical activity
The Value of the Calvary Experience
High Quality Education
CYCS offers high quality childcare that prepares children to become life-long learners. CYCS prepares children to be ready for Kindergarten. Our children enter Kindergarten at a variety of public and private schools including but not limited to: University School of Nashville, Harding Academy, St. Paul, The Covenant School, Julia Green Elementary, Percy Priest Elementary, David Lipscomb Elementary, Oak Hill School, Ensworth School, and the Linden-Waldorf School.
CYCS utilizes a co-teaching model of educating
with two teachers in each classroom
and low ratios.
The Highest Standards
CYCS has been a licensed program since 1968. Every year our program has received the highest star rating. Every teacher completes more than 18 hours of of early childhood education classes each year, and over 75% of our teachers have B.A. degrees or higher.
Our daily program offers a variety of self-motivated activities, small group activities, computer use, and outdoor or gym play. Daily activities often include art, science, math, block construction, puzzles, games, music, manipulatives, cooking, and dramatic play. Our 3,4, and 5 year old classrooms use the "Handwriting Without Tears" and " Everyday Math" curriculums to develop and enhance reading, writing, and math skills.
CYCS Enrichment Programs
Calvary Young Children's School offers a variety of fun and engaging enrichment programs. Music, Spanish, and Chapel are offered from 2 years old and up and are included in the monthly tuition. Tumbling and soccer lessons are available for an additional monthly fee.
Calvary Young Children's School recognizes the importance of parental involvement during the early childhood years and strives to create a partnership with parents through which each child can learn and succeed.
- The teachers write a daily note home about each child's day.
- Conferences are scheduled twice a year and as needed.
- Advice about nutrition, developmental stages, and potty training, etc. is shared.
- Monthly newsletters are sent out with upcoming events and important reminders.
- The Parent's Auxiliary is very active in fundraising events.
- Parents can be nominated to fill a position on the CYCS Board of Directors.
CYCS Frequently Asked Questions
- CYCS accepts children ages 6 weeks to 5 years old
- Program hours are Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Offers a 2,3, and 5 day a week program
- Offers Morning Care from 7:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
- Offers After Care from 2:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Offers Holiday Care and Snow Care
- 10-11 week Summer Program Offered
- Open Year Around
- Registration is in January
- Tours are scheduled at your convenience
- Offers outstanding large playgrounds for each age group
- NEW! Each of our 3,4, and 5 year old classrooms is equipped with a new HATCH computer. HATCH technology combines child-appropriate hardware with research-based content to engage children and empower teachers with progress monitoring tools.
To schedule a tour or for more information regarding our program, please call 615-269-5574.
Calvary Young Children's School
3701 Hillsboro Rd.
Phone: (615) 269-5574
Fax: (615) 627-1656
YCS Parents, please check the YCS calender below for upcoming acitivities and events.
• Back To Calvary PicnicBack To Calvary Picnic
Location: Sevier Park
August 10, 2014
Location: Sevier Park